Super fresh Mint & Spinach Chutney – Accompaniment Recipe.
This mint & spinach chutney makes a great accompaniment to any spicy main dish, great for dipping your bread or naan in or even mixed through a simple chicken salad. It’s actually a really versatile dish, I’m going to say healthy and best of all it’s really easy to prepare = that’s what we like!
- 60g / 2.5oz tender fresh spinach leaves
- 30g / 1.5oz fresh mint leaves
- 30g / 1.5oz chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 fresh chilli, chopped (red or green work well, de-seed too depending your taste)
- 3tsp granulated sugar
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Put all of the listed ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend. Time to blend depends on your preference; chunky or smooth. Add a little water if neccessary to get the blades to move.
- Transfer the chutney to serving bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
This chutney would make a great accompaniment to the unique FlavourDelivered recipes, 3 deliveries of all the spices, flavours and instructions required to prepare the perfect Indian meal in your own kitchen.